All hands on deck! The Milwaukee Common Council was scheduled to review the Milwaukee Jobs Act on March 9th, but has now postponed the hearing indefinitely.
We need you to join Milwaukee workers at City Hall 8:30am-2pm tomorrow, March 9th, for a people’s hearing on the Milwaukee Jobs Act.
When: Friday, March 9, 8:30am – 2pm
Where: Milwaukee City Hall, 200 E Wells St in the rotunda
Support the MKE Jobs Act Day of Action will include a people’s hearing, media conference, and neighborhood canvassing. Milwaukeeans need the Common Council to take bold action to address the joblessness crisis our community.
The MKE Jobs Act will:
- Ensure jobs created with taxpayer money are good jobs with benefits
- Put young people to work year-round in small businesses and non-profits
- Require community reinvestment from banks that benefit from taxpayer money
- Put Milwaukee residents to work restoring our infrastructure and maintaining foreclosed properties
- Hold businesses that receive our tax dollars accountable for creating the jobs they promise and if promised jobs don’t materialize we will get our money back
Join us for all or some of the actions:
8:30am – Media conference in support of MKE Jobs Act
9:00am – MKE Jobs Act public hearing
noon – Neighborhood canvassing in support of MKE Jobs Act
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-213-7574